Tuesday 21 December 2021

Be Proud


I try not to be overly sentimental as a rule but this year has been a challenge. I have lost some of my dearest friends in 2021. It puts life into perspective somehow. Life is fragile and I often wonder why one is so hard on oneself, constantly thinking we’re not good enough (for many reasons). I’ve struggled, like most people, with these feeling for many years. Thanks to a dear friend of mine, I revisited my acting show reel from many moons ago. At the time I felt insecure, not good enough but looking back (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I see that I shouldn’t have given myself such a hard time. I’m proud of what I achieved and I hope I can continue with that sentiment and ignore the negative thoughts that overwhelm me still. We are all unique and special in our own way. I want 2022 to be full of positivity and love for those around us but more importantly to love ourselves. Bugger self deprecation, this is the time to stand tall. With that in mind, here’s my old showreel. At the time I was embarrassed about it, now I love it! 










No comments:

Post a Comment